Trump delays strike on Iran after Gulf leaders’ request
EUR/MDL - 20.16 0.1211
USD/MDL - 17.30 0.3955
VMS_91 - 3.03%
VMS_364 - 9.54%
BONDS_2Y - 7.40%
GOLD - 4,526.97 0.3%
EURUSD - 1.16 0%
BRENT - 117.29 13.73%
SP500 - 738.65 0.07%
SILVER - 76.38 0.54%
GAS - 2.77 8.88%

Trump canceled new strikes on Iran at the request of the leaders of Qatar, Saudi Arabia and the UAE

U.S. President Donald Trump said he was postponing a planned new strike on Iran on Tuesday at the request of Gulf states because "serious negotiations are now underway."
Igor Fomin Reading time: 1 minute
Link copied
Donald Trump

Donald Trump

“In ongoing serious talks, Qatar’s Emir Tamim bin Hamad bin Khalifa Al Thani, Saudi Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman, UAE President Sheikh Mohammed bin Zayed Al Nahyan have asked me to postpone our attack on Iran, which was scheduled for tomorrow,” Trump wrote on his Truth Social network. His statement is quoted by the BBC.

Trump said he had been briefed on the possibility of a deal that would be “perfectly acceptable” to the US, adding that “NO NUCLEAR WEAPONS FOR IRAN!”.

“Out of respect for these leaders, I have instructed Pentagon chief Pete Hegseth, Joint Chiefs of Staff chief Dan Kaine, the U.S. military, that there will be no attack on Iran tomorrow. But I’ve also instructed them to be prepared to launch a full scale major offensive against Iran, at the first sign of trouble, if there is no acceptable agreement,” Trump explained.

He emphasized that an agreement must include Iran not having access to nuclear weapons.

Iran has not publicly commented on Trump’s latest statement.

Reports that the US and Israel are allegedly preparing to resume a military campaign against Iran have emerged in recent days amid Trump’s toughened rhetoric.

In particular, he earlier threatened Tehran with resuming strikes, saying that “the clock is ticking for Iran and they better hurry up or there will be nothing left of them.”



Реклама недоступна
Must Read*

We always appreciate your feedback!

Read also