World No. 1 Jannik Sinner withdraws from 2026 US Open
EUR/MDL - 19.99 0.2939
USD/MDL - 17.09 0.6084
VMS_91 - 3.03%
VMS_364 - 9.54%
BONDS_2Y - 7.40%
GOLD - 4,520.01 0.13%
EURUSD - 1.17 0%
BRENT - 83.76 1.92%
SP500 - 765.72 0.41%
SILVER - 68.13 1.56%
GAS - 2.89 8.25%

World No. 1 Jannik Sinner has withdrawn from the US Open

World No. 1 Jannik Sinner will not compete in the 2026 U.S. Open due to ongoing issues with his right knee. The Italian tennis player announced his withdrawal from the season’s final Grand Slam tournament on August 21.
Dmitry Kalak Reading time: 1 minute
Text size
Link copied
Yannick Sinner

Yannick Sinner. Photo: Getty Images

Sinner has not stepped onto a court since winning Wimbledon in July, where he claimed his fifth Grand Slam title. Due to an injury, he also missed tournaments in Montreal and Cincinnati.

The tennis player said he has continued to work with his medical team and recently returned to training, but his recovery is not yet complete.

“We realized that I still need more time to recover from the issue with my right knee,” Sinner said.

The absence of the world’s No. 1 player will significantly change the field at the U.S. Open. Sinner has previously won the tournament in New York—in 2024—and lost to Carlos Alcaraz in the 2025 final.

As Logos Press reported, prior to the start of the tournament, the Italian was considered one of the top favorites to win the men’s singles title.


Follow our updates


РекламаРеклама
Related*
More from author*

We always appreciate your feedback!

Latest news
Popular now*
Must Read*